Kernel compilation solved

Well, looks like my compilation problem was loose nut at the keyboard.

In the xconfig, under 'block devices' I had turned off "include IDE/ATA-2
disk devices"  <thwapp -- sound of hand hitting forehead>.  I looked at
this thing about 10 times and just didn't see it.  Compiled, compiled
pcmcia, and booted up just fine.

Seems like this might be a candidate for a FAQ for this group.  For
sure the "append apm=on" for standard kernel is.

Has anyone put together a FAQ file for here?

Now to wander off and see what other trouble I can get into....

Thanks, all, for the help.

Regards,

Morgan

Morgan Hall