Suspend to Disk on a Targa traveller 800 (WAS: Re: Suspend to disk.)

On Thu, Oct 12, 2000 at 11:23:08PM -0400, Neil L. Roeth wrote:
> On Oct 12, Heather (star@starshine.org) wrote:
>  > >  > > probably gonna be quite some work since you need to make a new partition
>  > >  > > that I think must be located as the first one on the disk and that screws
>  > >  > > up a number of things like lilo, fstab etc, not to mention the fact that
>  > >  > > you have to move your linux partition (I suppose?).
>  > >  > >
>  > >  > > /Joel Kjellgren
>  > >  >
>  > >  > If it is a typical Phoenix BIOS, raw partitions for hibernate can be
>  > >  > anywhere on the disk.  This isn't just "known" this is tested, as I've
>  > >  > got a quite happy machine with a partition smack in the middle. (I was
>  > >  > moving it around messing with sizes of other things.)
>  > >
>  > > The lphdisk docs say it "should be" a primary partition.  Do you know
>  > > if it works on a logical partition?
>  >
>  > No, I don't know - I didn't try it that way.  Sorry.
>  >
>  > * Heather Stern * star@ many places...
>
> Thanks.  I looked at the lphdisk code and it has hda4 hard coded in
> it, so the docs are ambiguous but the code is not!  I repartitioned my
> disk and the suspending works like a charm.

I have a funny (well I don´t really think it is funny) Problem with S2D
with my Laptop (Targa Traveller 800 - seems to be only sold in germany).
It suspendes like a charm, but then when I wake it up, the system comes
up again (including the last shown picture (X11, fb or Text), but then
the laptop just reboots automatically. I tried it with everything
unloaded (pcmcia, alsa, irda), but it still produces the old behavior.

	Bye,
	  - -- Alain -- -

--
                 Support Justice:  Boycott Windows 98