Notebook without video-memory running debian-linux?

Hi all,

I am about to buy a Notebook which will be running debian only.
I have some offers with notebooks which do not have video-memory
but take a portion of the main memory for this. I am not shure if
Linux will run on this hardware at all (with X11)? Any suggestions?

BTW: The Notebook of choice is a Xeron Sonic pro 500SLX, anyone
with experience running debian on this notebook?

Thanks,

Olaf
--   Olaf Stetzer  --  EC/JRC/Institute for Transuranium Elements   --
--   PGP-key ID:       1937B13D            (key on public servers)  --
--      "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny."  Frank Zappa      --