NetGear FA510 ethernet card does not work

Hi,

I own a Thinkpad i Series 1267 and have trouble getting a NetGear FA510 Fast
Ethernet CardBus card to work with Potato (the card works in Win2k). The
problem is that when the card is inserted I get the message (it repeats
roughly every minute)
    eth0: Tx hung, 11 vs. 0.
and I cannot ping the other computer (which is connected via a cross over
cable). Below is more detailed information about my configuration.

What might be causing this problem and how do I get the card to work with
Potato?

Any suggestions are welcome!

TIA,

Felix

Detailed information:

When I run "cardctl ident" I get:
    Socket 0:
      product info: "NETGEAR", "FA510", "Fast Ethernet CardBus Card", "1.00"
      manfid: 0x9513, 0x0081
      function: 6 (network)

I tryed the following kernel configurations:
    kernel 2.2.17 with the included tulip driver as a module
    kernel 2.2.17 with the tulip driver provided by NetGear as a module

I added the following lines to /etc/pcmcia/config:
    card "NetGear FA510 Fast Ethernet"
      version "NETGEAR", "FA510"
      bind "tulip_cb"

My /etc/pcmcia/config.opts (the laptop doesn't have a serial port):
    include memory 0xff80-0xffff
    include port 0x100-0x4ff, port 0x1000-0x17ff
    include memory 0xffdffc00-0xffdfffff
    include memory 0xc0000-0xfffff
    include memory 0xa0000000-0xa0ffffff, memory 0x60000000-0x60ffffff
    exclude irq 7

My /etc/pcmcia/network.opts:
    case "$ADDRESS" in
    *,*,*,*)