Network problems

I have that same Xircom adaptor, and the same problem when I suspend
and resume via apm, i.e., the network adaptor stops working.  This
also happens with an Aironet wireless ethernet adaptor, making me
believe it is a Sony Vaio/apm problem rather than an apm/Xircom
problem.  The suggestion that I tried was to put APM=eject in
/etc/pcmcia/apm.opts.  It might work for you, though it did not for
me.