Sound on Thinkpad390X

There was some discussion on this list back in August regarding getting sound working correctly on the 390Xs.  Here is an update:

Apparently LinuxCare has certified the 390X for use with linux:

	http://www.linuxcare.com/labs/certs/pad390x.epl

Unfortunately, there is no mention of Debian.  However, on each of the systems they tried, the solution involved using Alsa version 0.5.9 (unstable in Debian). I am not too interested in updating the necessary files to try to get it working correctly on my box, at least not yet.  Also, I don't know the status of the Alsa files in unstable.  If anyone has any input on this, let me know.

Thanks,
Bryan