OT: Why no new driver? (Was: Re: LinModems)

Hello,

> and the lucent doesn't support the end user. now you will ask: then how
> came the ltmodem.o module out? as you know this module is designed for
> redhat 6.2 so redhat asked for support lucent for it's modem and also
> redhat payed for it (as far as i read the mail from the developer on the
> net - sorry i don't no more know where it was).

And that's why I don't understand, why they don't compile it for every new
kernel as this may use a few minutes to do it and having happy linux end
users...

Regards
	Andreas
--
Andreas Tscharner                                     starfire@dplanet.ch
bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." -- Rich Cook