Re: LinModems

Hi Patrick,

> I ahve an Acer TravelMate 521, which contains a Lucent WinModem.
> Allegedly the modem sits in the equivalent of the AMR slot.  I compiled
> Richard Cross's ltmodem utility, which can detect PCI or ISA versions of
> the utility, but how do I detect the modem in an AMR slot?  I know that
> in some people's opion, WinModems aren't ideal, but this one is stuck
> onto my MoBo.
I do have a TravelMate with a Lucent WinModem myself. When I installed
Linux
on my ACER almost a year ago, I too had problems with the
ltmodem-utility.
Nevertheless the kernel-module 'ltmodem.o' provided by Lucent did (and
does!)
work without problems. You should take a look at

http://www.linmodems.org/

if you have not done so already.

Hth,

	Tobias