Re: Trident Cyber 9525DVD

On Sat, 9 Sep 2000, Marco Kuhlmann wrote:

> I have succeeded in supporting the Trident Cyber 9525DVD on my
> Fujitsu-Siemens Lifebook C-6535 with the latest version of X.
> There remains but one small nuisance:
>
> When the server is started, or precisely, as long as it shows
> that standard pattern, there might be black flashes across the
> screen from time to time. They seem to be forced by moving the
> touchpad. As soon as the window manager appears, they're gone.
>
> Does anybody know about this problem?

Its more than likely linked to the acceleration options for trident cards
under Xfree86.  Try adding/removing the following lines to
/etc/X11/XF86Config under the 'Section "device"' part:

----

    Option     "accel"         # X Won't Suspend With This ON
    Option      "tgui_pci_read_on"
    Option      "tgui_pci_write_on"
    Option      "pci_burst_on"
    Option     "tgui"          # X Won't Run With This ON
    Option     "cyber_shadow"  # X Won't Run With This ON
    Option      "tgui_mclk_66"

----

Of course the comments are unique to my laptop however you may find
similar problems on your machine.

I'm afraid its a trial-and-error approach however after half and hour of
combination

Good luck

Alex