Re: pcmcia custom installation

Pat Mahoney <pat7@gmx.net> writes:

> On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 01:49:40PM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> >
> > On 29-Aug-2000 Gary Hennigan wrote:
> > > I've got a newer PCMCIA card that's not supported under potato (pcmcia
> > > 3.1.8). It is supported under a later release of PCMCIA though. Is
>
> Note that the latest version in unstable is 3.1.19 iirc.  You might also
> want the latest (matching) pcmcia-cs package.  Even if you don't have
> unstable you could apt-get the source for pcmcia-cs and compile it (apt-get
> source --build pcmcia-cs).

Unfortunately it seems that woody changes the way PCMCIA is handled. I
saw something about "schemes" in the pcmcia stuff and it was looking
in /var/lib/pcmcia for something?

Anyway, just installing the woody package for pcmcia-cs broke things
so I uninstalled it and put back the 3.1.8 stuff from potato and I'm
using my old PCMCIA ethernet card for the moment.

Thanks though,
Gary