Re: Off-topic

> I have a Compaq Armada Laptop. Does someone know how is the correct procedure to
> clean a LCD screen? Compaq's User Manual doesn't explain this. Can I use
> detergent? Must I use ONLY a dry cotton ball?
>
> Thanks to your comments!
>
> Carlos Menezes.

My local computer store sells stuff that looks like a pair of little moist
towelette packs - one is a moist cleaner wipe with plastic-safe cleaner,
the other is a lint free cloth to wipe down with.

You should be safe using anything that is okay for eyeglasses, unless it
says "make sure to use on glass lenses only".

For merely getting fuzz off the screen without really cleaning it, I got a
nice little toy at the second-last trade show ... APC was giving them out...
anyways, it's a miniature form of a window scraper, but has this non-linty
fuzzy strip that picks other fluff off the screen nicely.

* Heather Stern * star@ many places...