Re: IBM Thinkpad

On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, Abdus-Sabur, Qadir wrote:
>Should I expect any complications installing debian on a IBM Thinkpad
>( 80M RAM, 1G HD, & CD-Rom. I intend to run Word Perfect on this box.

You provide very little information about the sound chipset, the video
chipset etc so it's difficult to determine how difficult it will be and
impossible to advise you in any way.
However I have not heard a report of any Thinkpad in which it was impossible
to install Linux.  There were problems with floppy drives at one time, some
of the sound and video circuitry is a bit strange and takes some effort to
get right (I recommend VESA frame-buffer if you have a VESA BIOS)., but it
should work.

BTW  Nettiquite suggests that you have a maximum of 4 lines of signature at
the end of your messages.  I notice that you use 6.

--
My current location - X marks the spot.