Re: No MII transceivers found!

From: Amaya <amayita@demasiado.com>
Subject: No MII transceivers found!
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 16:20:39 +0200

> I now have to set the network up in order to install the rest of the system.
> The ethernet/fax card is a "3Com Megahertz 3CCFEM556". Whenever I run
> /etc/init.d/pcmcia start I see this in /var/log/messages:
>
> cardmgr: ioctl: Operation not supported
> cardmgr: SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such device
> cardmgr: SIOCADDRT: Network is down
> cardmgr: SIOCADDRT: Network is unreacheable
> kernel:  No MII transceivers found!
>
> Is there any solution? Is there more info I should provide?

i've never used the card in question but for reference, it does appear to
be among the latest supported cards (for 3.1.16):

  http://pcmcia.sourceforge.org/ftp/SUPPORTED.CARDS

i don't know from which version of pcmcia-cs this holds though (it was
in at least 3.1.14).  perhaps someone else knows or can find out.

which version of pcmcia-cs / pcmcia-source / modules are you using?