Re: Driver for _ISA_ Lucent winmodem?

And me I forgot to mention that under Windows the maximum speed connection I get is
48000 (often just around 46000), with the latest "firmware" 5.75 (it was a little
more than 45000 with 5.21), compared to 50666 under Linux, which appearently I get
for sure with free.fr, one of the ISPs I connect to... BTW _all_ of their servers
are Linux based.

(Finally... a-ehm, appearently in the latest connections before going to bed this
morning somebody/someone was doing a real download from my laptop when in
Windows!!!!! I was connected via "worldonline.fr", tried "free.fr" and immediately
the outgoing full bandwidth flow restarted. Sure, I'll move some relatively
important relatively original stuff to a linux partition... but better just not to
trust Windows,  I mean I would not leave the box online stripping down web sites
[well I can do it in Linux now that the modem works]. Anyway, if the thing
immediately gets me even after an ISP change... it could be done via "MSN
messenger", kind of ICQ done via an hotmail server... kind of "I'm here and this is
my IP address". As I believe all that stuff currently belongs to Bill Gate$ with
his BigBrother complexes (I recently heard on the radio about backdoors put by M$
engineers here and there)... Actually, there's absolutely _nothing_ as open source
systems, with anything else you can just hope... I don't remember if it was on
debian-user or here on debian-laptop, some months ago I read a message "somebody is
scanning my ports"... maybe on a Win box there are "open" ones... actually one of
the "Win upgrades" I downloaded recently was against some "open" door... In a hope
that the upgrades themselves do not contain trojan horses... Well, I had put MSN
messenger on this laptop when I was hoping to try some contact with my brother in
Italy but we never tried, now it's just setup not to startup at each connection, if
they had put a "clean uninstall" menu item on it I had already gone for it.)

Nicola