Re: Driver for _ISA_ Lucent winmodem?

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000 20:03:13 Nicola Bernardelli wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have an Acer Extensa 500T here and I'm running Debian 2.1.
>
> The User's Manual for the "56k Internal Modem" says ISA Plug&Play.
> Actually, I do the weakmodem setup with isapnp, and it says "Enabled
> Ok".
>
> At linmodems.org, the binary-only driver is clearly told to be for the
> Lucent _PCI_ winmodem.
> Is there any driver for an _ISA_ Lucent winmodem?
>
> Err... wait a moment... at the bottom of the linmodems.org homepage
> there's a link "A Wallace and Gromit fan has a HUGE listing of modems
> and winmodems." => http://www.o2.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html, in this
> page (a little after its half) there's a table with title "Linmodem
> drivers", well that driver is supposed to work for the ISA pnp version
> too.

Ciao Nicola,

I have a Compaq Presario 1610. It has a Lucent winmodem. As far I can remember,
Windows listed it as an ISA PNP ( I can't check because I deleted Win95 a
couple of weeks ago ).

Anyway, the module ltmodem.o works for me. In addition to make the device
(ttyS14), I have to execute at boot these commands:

insmod -f ltmodem
setserial /dev/ttyS14 irq=3 port=0x02f8 uart16550A.

NOTE : the setserial after the insmod.

A strange thing is that I have also a Desktop with the Lucent winmodem [this
I'm sure that is PCI], but on the desktop I don't need the setseria command.

Ciao
Francesco