Re: lame hack to get dhcpcd and friends working...

From: Daniel Pittman <daniel@danann.net>
Subject: Re: lame hack to get dhcpcd and friends working...
Date: 21 Jun 2000 20:37:02 +1000

> On Wed, 21 Jun 2000, sen ml <sen_ml@eccosys.com> wrote:
>
> > i've discovered that pressing control-s right after cardmgr comes up
> > can solve my problem.  really lame i know ;-)  once i hear the two
> > beeps of recognizing my ethernet card, i press control-q and things
> > proceed nicely.
> >
> > i wonder if this problem will every be "fixed"...
>
> Well, if you use dhclient, you can put a sh(1) script in
> /etc/dhclient-exit-hooks to restart those services when the IP address
> changes and all.
>
> That works for me. :)

that's good to hear.

i'm using dhcpcd, so i don't know whether there is something analogous
i can do.

that aside, the fact that users need to customize their systems for
something so basic via writing their own shell scripts (so everyone
has a different implementation) isn't a very good situation, imo.

it's nice that we can though ;-)