Re: Maestro sound card, scratching

What type of music are you playing? I too have noticed the scratching on
my laptop with an ESS Maestro 2 sound chip, but only when playing MP3
files, I don't hear this when I play CD's, and I don't hear it when I
play MP3's on my desktop with a Soundblaster card. If, in fact, we are
talking about the same "scratching" sound, I doubt if it's your
hardware, it is more likely the driver. This is a relatively new chip
and the driver I have for it is a beta version; I don't even know if
there is an officially supported Linux driver for it.

--Greg