Re: Suspend and X

On Fri, Jun 09, 2000 at 05:30:51PM +0200, Hugo van der Merwe wrote:
>> >No.
>> >Hugo
>> And how do you "suspend to disk", then? Some software?
>
> Nay, it is just the "lowest power mode" my laptop can handle - I suppose
> it is probably called suspend-to-ram. I don't feel like making a
> suspend-to-disk partition, and creating a suspend-to-disk file on my
> windows partition didn't work: I still got the "no suspend-to-disk
> partition or file found" on bootup. I decided I don't really need
> suspend-to-disk at the moment, the farthest I transport the machine
> without turning off properly is next door...

I do have a suspend to disk partition. If I get a chance to suspend
the laptop for a few days, I'll let you know what the battery power is
after turning it back on. Can anyone recommend some software for a
true hibernate in case the system isn't already doing it from bios?

--
Lee Bradshaw                 lee@sectionIV.com (preferred)
Alantro Communications       lee@alantro.com