unexpected interrupt

Lance,

My appologies, I get both of the following errors: "unexpected
interrupt" & "DriveReady SeekComplete Error" and have confused the two.

As far as I know the "unexpected interrupt" is due to the apm_bios.

is a high traffic list, maybe someone there may be more informed and
know of any fixes.

Best Regards,

Peter Firmstone.

>lance hollman wrote:
>
> > I get frequent
> > 'ide0: unexpected interrupt, status=0x80, count=1'
> > errors and can't figure out how to make them go away.
> >

>I believe this has something to do with your apm bios, if I am correct

>there is
>an option available when configuring the 2.3 series kernel to fix it.

I am afraid there isn't an option in the 2.3 series kernel to fix it I
confused it with:

CONFIG_IDEDISK_MULTI_MODE:

  x If you get this error, try to say Y
here:                               x

  x hda: set_multmode: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error
}        x
  x hda: set_multmode: error=0x04 { DriveStatusError
}                      x

  x If in doubt, say N.