Re: Low memory install on an IBM Thinkpad 700

On Fri, 19 May 2000, A.C. Almeida wrote:

> we are talking about a ThinkPad 700;  normal lowmem-bootdisk won't boot,
> because of Micro Channel and ESDI driver. TP 700 needs the special one
> for Tecras and there is no "lowmem" image available...

DOH! ;)

I would guess the only thing you could try is to take the normal lowmem
boot disk, recompile a new, suitable, kernel on some machine with linux
and patch that over the disk.  I (obviously) don't know the details for
tecra setup's however I sure someone here knows the neccessary tweaks
required.

Alex

--
**       ((__))  Alexander "Jim diGriz" "Hubenko" Clouter