Snd and X, pcg-505tr

Hello all,

I have a Sony pcg-505tr which I'm very pleased with.  I have however run
into two probelms that I haven't quite figured out yet.

First is with X.  Using an external monitor proves to be quite difficult
with this model.  I'm using the neomagic xserver which is in the svga
server.  I'm running debian 2.2 frozen.  On this laptop pressing the
fn-f7 key combo should toggle between monitor, monitor-lcd, and lcd
only.  Generally if I try this while X is running I get a blank screen
on both of the display devices.  Toggling again will usually produce the
monitor output.  It seems very flakey and I can't seem to get any type
of pattern to my actions that will produce the correct results.  The
worst part is when I do get both to work ... then my screen is shifted
about 1/2" to right on the lcd and the monitor promptly cutting off part
of my display.  I would like to use this system for doing
presentations.  Any advice would be appreciated.

The second problem I'm having is our LUG icecast's its meetings to our
members that can't attend physically.  This is a replacement laptop for
the one I had previously and I use my system as a backup incase the main
icecast / encoder isn't available.  I have gotten it all to work quite
smoothly however :  (there's always a but right?)  I can't get the audio
IN jack to work on this puppy.  We use an external mike to increase
sound quality and even though the internal mike on this thing works very
well its not that great in a meeting environment.  Using the mixer and
turning everything up except the mic input (which I decrease all the
way) doesn't work.  I was wondering if anyone has tried this on a
similar model.

Keith Geffert