RE: laptop screen size problem

Okay, the fact is, your chipset seems not to be probed/detected/handled
properly. Perhaps you could send us a report of the XFree86 startup, that
you can make by

    X -probeonly >xf-log
and then send us the xf-log.

This would enlighten the bpp problem, and probably the "not supported by
this chipset" (is it recognized at all, afterall ?)

Best regards
raph