Re: wdm problem

On Sat, May 06, 2000 at 09:21:51PM -0400, gbh@middlemarch.net wrote:
> > > I'm having a problem logging in using wdm...
>
> > I've never used wdm itself, only a couple of similar programs.
> > I'd say that either you have to click on the username entry field...
>
> Yes, I've clicked in the entry field and still don't get
> a response. So if I hit [ctrl] [alt] [F1] to get to a
> text virtual terminal, what would I do afterwards to correct
> the problem?

One thing to check is that your X system itself is working properly - the
problem may not be wdm after all.

I believe you could check that by booting into single user mode, like they
said in the other response.  Then from the root command line, run startx,
which should start up X for your single user.  Check if the keyboard works
from there.  If it does not, you'll know you have to fix the keyboard in
your X server configuration before wdm will behave properly.

If the keyboard does work in X via startx, then I'm out of ideas :)

Drew

--
PGP public key intermittently available at
http://strider.ucdavis.edu/~drew/drewskey.txt