Re: APM was: Re: New kernel (2.2.15), now keyboard/machine freezes often

On Fri, May 05, 2000 at 09:37:37AM -0700, ferret@phonewave.net wrote:
> > I don't remember exactly, and browsing through the kernel documentation, I
> > found that the apm=power-off should only apply to smp mobo's
>

> And here I thought APM was disabled completely on SMP kernels with more
> than one CPU. I so wish my dual socket 7 system would power itself off.

>From linux/arch/i386/kernel/apm.c:
 *         Remove smp-power-off. SMP users must now specify
 *         "apm=power-off" on the kernel command line. Suggested
 *         by Jim Avera <jima@hal.com>, modified by Alan Cox
 *         <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>.

Wouter