Re: Thinkpad vs. Quantex

> I am specing out a laptop for a company to buy.  They want to go with
> Quantex as a brand.  The one I was thinking of is an IBM Thinkpad.  The
> purpose is both Debian and Windows.

hey aaron ...

... long time no see :)

if i remember right fortnocs almost bought a bunch of these but their sales
team was so bad that they got scared off by what the tech support must be
like.

also they talked to some people (not sure who) who had used them and
apparently the tech support was worse then they had imagined.  anyway this
is all third or forth hand, but it was enough to put me off (even thought
quantex's prices are really good).

i love my thinkpad 390 though and ibm has been very helpful even with linux
issues.  just check hardware specs fairly closely (eg. there is still no
sound support for the sound card in my laptop ...).

adam.