Re: Thinkpad vs. Quantex

On Thu, 04 May 2000, Adam Shand wrote:
>> I am specing out a laptop for a company to buy.  They want to go with
>> Quantex as a brand.  The one I was thinking of is an IBM Thinkpad.  The
>> purpose is both Debian and Windows.
>
>i love my thinkpad 390 though and ibm has been very helpful even with linux
>issues.  just check hardware specs fairly closely (eg. there is still no
>sound support for the sound card in my laptop ...).

I've got a 600E with sound working very well (I've never tried recording, but
playing sounds works really well).  I'm using the cs4232 driver, I think that
your sound hardware should be the same as mine.

As for comparing a Thinkpad and a Quantex, I think this is like comparing a
Porsche and a Lada.

--
My current location - X marks the spot.