Re: Great X on CPQ Armada1110, just special German keys don't work.

On Mon, 20 Mar 2000, Benjamin F. Zhou wrote:

> Hi Debianers,
>
> thank all the helps and tips I got from you at this great list, I successfully
> setup X on my good old CPQ Armada1110 (P75, 2GB, 24MB RAM) with German keyboard.
> There is nothing I can complain about performance compared to Win98. Really great
> !
>
> Everything works fine now, except the 4 special German keys don't work. Then I
> noticed they don't work even outside X. I did choose German Keyboard at
> installation. What could I have done wrong at setup. Where should I look for a
> corresponding *.conf file.
> Will these special keys work at all?
>
> thank you!
>
> Ben
> in New York

hello,

to get your special keys work, try the followin choose as keymap
german-latin1-nodeadkeys and setup in /etc/enivorment LANG="de_DE",
but beware that you will get german system messages. There are a lot more
options please have a look at the GERMAN-HOWTO.

Gruss Henning

http://www.physik.tu-cottbus.de/users/heinold