Re: thinkpad , debian doesn t start

On Mon, Mar 20, 2000 at 02:51:50PM +0000, dom wrote:
> Hello,
> I installed Debian GNU/Linux on a IBM Thinkpad 600 type 2645 450 from
> CD linux central. The machine have 2 Gb linux partition with swap 64Mb
> , the same in RAM. The first partition is with WindowsNT 1.8 Gb. I
> followed all the steps in instalation , putting CD#2 to start and CD#1
> to install base system. There is no mistake during this process. But
> when I started rebooting , no message 'system halted' after 'sending
> killsig to all processes'. Hard booting from a floppy, the system load
> root and linux and stop. I make 2 rescue floppys with rawrite tecra
> and not tecra. same thing. Using orders at boot like 'linux floppy=thinkpad'
> or 'linux root=/dev/hda6/' or anything like this idem. It acts likes
> if the system doesnt find the hard drive. What I forgot to do ?
> Debian GNU release 2.1  linux 2.0.36
>

> Ce mel a été envoyé avec Meloo http://www.meloo.com

Hi.

There is a later version of the boot disks at:

http://ftp.debian.org/dists/stable/main/disks-i386/2.1.12-1999-12-09/

that I have had no problems with on a pair of TP-760s, one an EL and the
other an ED.  Give those images a try.

- Nate >>

--

 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "None can love freedom
 Internet | n0nb@networksplus.net               | heartily, but good