Re: Help! How not to start X ?

> Hi,
>
> I installed debian's base and X on my notebook. but failed to follow
> the advice not to start X at boot time.
>
> Now, X got started, but then frozes.

Log in from a remote server, issue `chvt 1` as root.
You should (with some luck) be back at the console now, with a frozen
X still living, but able to type again.

Logging in from a remote server (you do start the network, don't you?)
allows turning of X at start-up as well, of course (assuming you still
know how you turned it on, that is).

Good luck!

| If there were no hell to pay, would you still need a God? |
|                             -- Leah Androne               |
+--- M38C --------------- http://www.huizen.dds.nl/~kero ---+