Re: features by loc'n (was: resume works now on sony vaio)

On 03-Mar-2000 Heather wrote:
> Er, exactly my point - if I want different behaviro based on that I'm
> "docked" for presentation, it may have nothing to do with card services;
> the ps/2 and video ports are not going to -tell- anything that they have
> something active - I'm going to have to set that myself.  And a coherent
> means to keep that Set Of Things To Do together, kinda doesn't seem to
> exist, yet.
Yes, you're right with that. That's why I use netenv with a couple of different
setups - and some perlscripts to do the dirty stuff (e.g. restart the
daemons that need to) according to the chosen configuration.
The point is that I now can simply choose my environment with netenv and don't
have to bother. This is working for me right now but I'm already planing to
make things more comfortable. Switching runlevels is one way, but IMHO a little
bit overkill.

Just my 2 cents
        Tobias

Tobias Bachmor