Re: resume works now on sony vaio pcg-c2gps (Re: skipping fsck a

Hi there!

On 03-Mar-2000 Wouter Hanegraaff wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 03, 2000 at 11:03:52AM +0900, sen_ml@eccosys.com wrote:
>> now if there was some good way to define and switch among profiles...
>> in addition to network settings, i'd like "profiles" to contain things
>> such as indications of which daemons are running, which XF86Config
>> file to use, whether an external keyboard is being used, etc.
I use 'netenv' for that. You can set specific variables which then in turn can
be used by init-scripts. When I'm at the lab of the universitiy I have ethernet
and a wheel-mouse, at home I only have the wheel-mouse and dial-in, on the road
no wheel-mouse but dial-in. This makes three different profiles which can be
set up easily with 'netenv'.

> Of course the script could relink some other files as well. The
> /etc/pcmcia/networks.opts allows the execution of certain commands after
> setting up or shutting down the interface, which is an appropriate place
> to shut down or (re-) start your daemons
If using 'netenv' there's no need for that - pcmcia can use the options
provided by 'netenv'. This makes things very easy :)

Hth,
        Tobias (feel free to contact me for more info)
Tobias Bachmor
Department of Computer Science
Concordia University at Montreal/Canada
Date: 03-Mar-2000        Time: 10:16:06