Re: Debian on Sony 505TX

>The mouse is /dev/psaux (it is a ps/2 mouse).
>
>If I can help in anyway, please ask.

That did it, thanks.
The XF86Setup recognized the mouse.
Then got a message that I successfully had installed a server.

Then I run startx and got some error messages and nothing happened.

What can I do now?

I am intrigued about those Window managers I heard about,
like fvwm, icewm, afterstep, or enlightenment?
And Gnome as a icon based file manager.
But I guess  I must be able to start X first.
For now I don't even know how X looks like.

I have tried to read manuals, and reading manuals I came this far.
But It is much easier if somebody who know where to look for what,
walk you trough the installation process.
So it is great to have so many people ready to help.
(This is one of the best things of Linux).

What should be my next step?

I have friends who i have talked about Linux (even I know nothing
technically),
and are waiting that I install and learn, so I can teach them.

Thanks again
Dada