floppy/ftp install anybody?

I'm planning to install Debian on an old IBM ThinkPad
(75MHz Pentium, 540MB HD, 8 MB RAM) which does NOT
have a CD-ROM drive. It has a floppy drive. I'm
looking for any information that I can find on doing
the install
through floppy disks or ftp. I would appreciate it if
you have (or someone who you know has) done this and
are willing to share the experience (steps/install
procedure, pitfalls that I should look out for,
suggestions, etc). Thanks.

vasanth

PS: I'm apologize if this is a newbie question and has
been answered a thousand times before. Please point me
in that direction.