RE: Debian-Laptop-FAQ

On 21-Sep-99 Werner Heuser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> today Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
>
> "In 2.0, 2.1, and 2.2 all pcmcia drivers live in a separate source
> tree.  This
> is available in Debian via the pcmcia source package.  See my post on
> debian-laptop earlier today "Upgrading slink kernel -> 2.2.12 -no
> pcmcia"."
>
> Seems like a FAQ, shall we start a Debian-Laptop-FAQ and how to do it?

Werner, write it up, someone will package it.  I would like to see a
laptop-doc package.

Do realize that some of this will change when 2.4 comes out.  So be specific
about version numbers.

For those of you unaware.  The pcmcia modules are now in the 2.3 kernel source.
 The pcmcia-cs package will only ship a cardmgr and the /etc/pcmcia files.  The
modules we will created by recompiling the kernel.