T1910 - boot failed

I have tried on many occasions to boot my Toshiba T1910 (4M Ram, 123M HDD)
using the lowmem.bin boot disk - I always receive the message 'boot failed'
- I have down loaded the lowmem.bin file from debian FTP on several
occasions, and used various disks, and I have used rawrite2.exe from DOS,
not just from a DOS box in windows - but still no luck.

Am I missing something here?  Am I not doing something that I should be?
Is it possible that my T1910 is different from other PCs in some crucial
respect?  If anyone has an answer to any of these questions I would love to
hear from you!!

aa