Re: Usefulness of manpages-es-extra

Hello Javier,
On Fri, Mar 05, 2021 at 04:56:04PM +0100, Javier Fernandez-Sanguino wrote:
> El jue., 4 mar. 2021 21:06, Helge Kreutzmann <debian@helgefjell.de>
> escribió:
>
> > Hello Spanish translators,
> > previously all languages (including spanish) had its dedicated man
> > page translation project. This has changed, manpages-l10n now ships
> > man pages translated into many languages, including spanish.
> >
> > There is, however, a quite old version of the previous efforts, i.e.
> > manpages-es-extra. I questioned the usefulness in #980885, but did not
> > get a reply from the maintainer.
> >

> Apologies for not replying to the bug report. I will ask for masters to
> remove manages-es-extra so this does not block manpages-l10n.

Great. Than I don't need to delete the newer spanish man pages. I will add an
appropriate breaks and replaces for manpages-es-extra.

> > I intend to do another upload targeting bullseye and I will have to
> > delete several updated translations because they will conflict with
> > those from manpages-es-extra. Of course, only some man pages are
> > updated, others (although very old) are only in manpages-es-extra.
> >

> Let's sync the removal and upload so you do not need to do this.

Essentially I have a new upstream version 4.9.2 ready to go (and
possibly could ask upstream if we could prepare an even newer
version).

Given that we are in the Freeze I suggest that I do the upload this
weekend, this gives ~ 12 days for manpages-es-extra to be processed.

Btw. if you have any pending work for the spanish man pages, do not
hesitate to contact Mario (upstream manpages-l10n maintainer) for
inclusion.

Best greetings

             Helge