Re: Usefulness of manpages-es-extra

Dear Helge,

El jue., 4 mar. 2021 21:06, Helge Kreutzmann <debian@helgefjell.de> escribió:
Hello Spanish translators,
previously all languages (including spanish) had its dedicated man
page translation project. This has changed, manpages-l10n now ships
man pages translated into many languages, including spanish.

There is, however, a quite old version of the previous efforts, i.e.
manpages-es-extra. I questioned the usefulness in #980885, but did not
get a reply from the maintainer.

Apologies for not replying to the bug report. I will ask for masters to remove manages-es-extra so this does not block manpages-l10n.

I intend to do another upload targeting bullseye and I will have to
delete several updated translations because they will conflict with
those from manpages-es-extra. Of course, only some man pages are
updated, others (although very old) are only in manpages-es-extra.

Let's sync the removal and upload so you do not need to do this.

Best regards,

Javier