Re: I agree

Ismael Olea decía:
> Adam Di Carlo escribió:
>
> > Interesting -- do you coordinate with any of the Debian Spanish
> > translators?
>
>         Not exactly. Debian Spanish translators team is very independent.
> They
> know LuCAS perfectly but until today the colaboration hasn't effect.
>
>         We have made a serious contact. ASAP we'll work in this stuff.
I wish you would enlighten us as to what sort of non-collaboration you have
experienced. Specially since we seem to be all in LuCAS anyway.

>         My plans are mirroring all his docs at the LuCAS tree, publish it
> through our mirroring net and to share resources as our glossary, the
> future style guide and the linguistic discussion forum.
The glossary is already being used. We aren't trying to reinvent the wheel.
The whole point of creating the debian list was trying not to pester people
that aren't interested in Debian with our stuff. I still remember people
insisting that I participate in the translation of the Red Hat manual in spite
of the fact that I wasn't even remotely interested in this. I can't see any
reason as to why this doesn't apply anymore. This isn't a closed list.
Everyone is as welcomed to participate as they are in LuCAS. But it helps to
focus the effors on debian-related materials, specially things like press
releases or web pages.

>         LuCAS plans to collaborate with other groups (all Spanish known
> groups)
> as KDE-es, Gnome-es, the Spanish edition of LinuxFocus, etc.
I can see no problem in collaboration, less mirroring. I seem to remember
the licenses we use allow all this. Somehow I just wasn't aware of any
non-collaboration/communication between the groups (if they are really so
differnt), other than maybe the fact that it annoyed us to receive unsolicited
LuCAS-announcements in debian-user-spanish.

Luis.
--
Luis Francisco Gonzalez <luisgh@debian.org>
PGP Fingerprint = F8 B1 13 DE 22 22 94 A1  14 BE 95 8E 49 39 78 76