Re[2]: Wrong country translation. Please fix.

Aiya!

>> AD> BY (Беларусь)
>> AD> BY (Белоруссия)
>>  I am strongly against it. Беларусь is in Belarusian, but in Russian
>> it is Белоруссия. It is quite similar to the fact that Россия is not
>> Россия in other languages but Russia, Russland, Русия and so on. There
>> is nothing offensive in it.

NP> According to http://www.foreignword.com/countries/Belarus.htm you are
NP> wrong.
 I do not think this site can correctly reflect Russian language
rules. I am not even sure that this translation is made by Russian
people.

NP> Also look into the iso-codes package: I remember using the official
NP> countries' names' translation list to make the russian translation.
 Please consult http://www.gramota.ru/docs.html?id=85. I believe
www.gramota.ru and President's Administration are much more official
sources.

--