Re: Language aggregation in www.d.o/intl/l10n

Em Tue, 27 May 2003 11:06:47 +0000 (UTC), bruno.rodrigues@litux.org (Bruno Rodrigues) escreveu:

> But this is just an idea of mine, that should be discussed. ;)
>
> For example, for packages without pt (or pt_PT) .po file, I'm
> automatically copying BR translations (keeping credits), and fuzzi'ing
> them all. This way pt translators will only need to check them and
> replace those different words between our two languages.

I did that when I translated the gtk+ potfile. The pt.po file was quite
good as a base.

> > So my doubt is: Wy have duplicated efforts doing the same thing ?
>
> > Please do not think in my words as an affirmation, i just want to
> > understand wy.
>
> One answer given in irc: do you prefer "ficheiro" or "arquivo" for
> "file" translation ?

arquivo, for sure =D...

But a simple sed script does almos all the work... changing 'directório'
to 'diretório' and 'ficheiro' to 'arquivo', almost no interaction. I
would really like our teams to work closer!

Great to see this being brought up here =)

[]s!

--
kov@debian.org: Gustavo Noronha <http://people.debian.org/~kov>
Debian: <http://www.debian.org>  *  <http://www.debian-br.org>