Re: Language aggregation in www.d.o/intl/l10n

Em Mon, 26 May 2003 18:05:18 +0000 (UTC), bruno.rodrigues@litux.org (Bruno Rodrigues) escreveu:

> I'm portuguese from Portugal.
>
> I'm not asking to unify Portuguese (pt) and Brasilian (pt_BR). I'm just
> asking to not have pt_PT language, as it is the same as pt.
>
> I've asked once in irc and people from Brazil agreed that we could
> settle for pt and pt_BR. There's no need for pt_PT.

I'm from the pt_BR team and since I became part of the team we use
the -portuguese stuff. That's wrong, I think, we should be using
-brazillian, to leave -portuguese for pt_PT people.

About the potfiles:

pt_BR is OK to us... but are you talking about the webpage translation?
There's pt_BR only, for that, and we use 'pt'... do you think it is time
to split that? Is there any portuguese-from-Portugal speakers willing?

[]s!

--
kov@debian.org: Gustavo Noronha <http://people.debian.org/~kov>
Debian: <http://www.debian.org>  *  <http://www.debian-br.org>