Re: Polish translation of apt-listbugs?

Hey,

On 06/10/14 23:58, Francesco Poli wrote:

> I have a few questions for you.
>
> ==== First question ====
>
> #: ../lib/apt-listbugs/logic.rb:375
> msgid "********** on_hold IS DEPRECATED. USE p INSTEAD to use pin **********"
> msgstr ""
> "****** on_hold JEST PRZESTARZAŁE, PROSZĘ UŻYĆ p ZAMIAST to use pin ******"
>
> It seems to me that "to use pin" was left untranslated.
> I guess this is not intentional...
> How can I translate it to Polish?
> Something like "aby przypinać"?
> Please correct any grammar errors (I basically know nothing about
> Polish language, sorry!).

Yes, it was. Michał mailed me, half an hour earlier, asking me to fix it
- I was about to send corrected version when I received your mail :)
Anyway - agreed and corrected.

> ==== Second question ====
>
> #: ../lib/apt-listbugs/logic.rb:559
> msgid ""
> "     y     - continue the APT installation, but do not mark the bugs\n"
> "             as ignored.\n"
> msgstr ""
> "     y     - kontyn. instalację APT-a, lecz nie oznacza błędów jako\n"
> "             zignorowane.\n"
>
> Is "kontyn." an abbreviation?
> Can it be replaced by "kontynuuje" as in the translation for the
> successive string?

Yes, but I agree that the full version fits better. Corrected.

> ==== Third question ====
>
> #: ../lib/apt-listbugs/logic.rb:571
> msgid " i b<id>   - mark the bug identified by <id> as ignored.\n"
> msgstr " i b<numer> - oznacza błąd o numerze <numer> jako zignorowany.\n"
>
> This does not look correct: the original English string talks about the
> bug identified by <id>...
> Would it be correct to modify the translation as follows?
>
> msgstr " i b<id>   - oznacza błąd oznaczony przez <id> jako zignorowany.\n"

There was some confusion on my part here. I've changed this to
" i b<id>   - oznacza błąd oznaczony przez <id> jako zignorowany.\n"
and accordingly:
"  b<id>   - to samo co <numer>, ale odpytuje o błąd o identyfikatorze
<id>.\n"

It makes sens now.

Corrected version attached - thanks for your suggestions! :)

Regards,
T.