Re: Request to Join Project Debian web pages from Edamana Nandakumar (nandakumar-guest)

Hi Christian,

We will start using debian-l10n-malayalam list to coordinate. I will also go through the process for website translation too.

Nandakumar,

You can send your translation to debian-l10n-malayalam@lists.debian.org address, me or Hrishi will commit it.

Nandakumar, Hrishi,

You can join the list from http://lists.debian.org/debian-l10n-malayalam

Praveen

On Aug 26, 2012 11:10 AM, "Christian PERRIER" <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:

Quoting David Prévot (taffit@debian.org):

> Hi Nandakumar,
>
> Le 25/08/2012 20:43, noreply@alioth.debian.org a écrit :
>
> > Hello,
> > I am Nandakumar for Kerala, India. I would like to introduce myself as a free software user, developer, translator and activist. I am now translating the gnu.org pages to Malayalam(ml). I would like to translate the debian.org pages also. Seems to be there is no ml coordinator yet. Please let me to start it.
>
> It's been a long time since we haven't added a new language in the
> website, do you have already something working?
>
>       http://www.debian.org/devel/website/translating#completenew
>
> Before going that way, I wonder if you considered other direction in the
> project translation. E.g., Wheezy is currently being prepared, and the
> installer is not yet fully translated in Malayalam (but is close to,
> according to the stats), Christian (CCed) may give you some pointers if
> you're interested.
>
>       http://d-i.debian.org/l10n-stats/

(then Nandakumar sent a first version of a completed PO file for
Malayalam, for D-I)

Well, I recently got the current translator, Praveen A (who I'm in
touch with for quite a long time and met twice in India), introduce me
with another potential translator, Hrishi.

So, we actually need to coordinate all these efforts..:-)

Pravi, any chance you try to organize all these things, maybe by using
a common mailing list...and debian-l10n-malayalam@lists.debian.org is
already here for this (and mostly unused!).

It needs at least someone to animate it......guess where I'm looking,
Pravi..:-)

http://lists.debian.org/debian-l10n-malayalam/

If that may help starting things, I can subscribe to it for some
time. If you guys write in ml, I obviously won't be able to read it,
but some use of en_IN can also be possible..:-)