 Emne: Re: Script help
 Til: debian-l10n-italian@lists.debian.org
 Cc: "Joe Dalton" <joedalton2@yahoo.dk>
 Dato: lørdag 25. oktober 2014 18.31

 On Tuesday 21 October 2014, at 20:01
 +0100, Joe Dalton wrote:
 > Hi, sorry for writing in English on an Italian mailing
 lists, but my
 > Italian is not very good.

 Hi!!

 don't worry about the language :). I apologize for the late
 reply but I am
 reading the mailing list in the weekend.

 > I write as I have heard what the Italian team has some
 script which aid in the translation effort for the package
 descriptions.

 > I would like to hear if I could »borrow« those
 script. More specific am I looking for a way to find all the
 package descriptions in Danish which is only missing the
 short description.

 The only scripts that I know of are 2 scripts created by
 Davide Prina.

 The first one was posted on debian-i18n mailing list [1] and
 can even be
 "internationalized".

 I don't use it (anymore) regularly. If I recall correctly
 it
 automatically fetches packages that were previously
 translated and need
 to be updated; makes a list of possibly partially translated
 packages
 (based on the packages' names); and lastly makes a list of
 packages to
 translate ordered by number of lines to translate.

 I am afraid the last function takes into consideration the
 total lines
 and not only the ones that needs translation. So I don't
 think it can do
 what you are asking.

 The second script can fetch the first "X" untranslated
 descriptions from
 the popcon list. It was posted in the Italian maling list
 [2]. I could
 help with the translation if you have problem understanding
 it.

 I work at the DDTSS for Italian every day but I don't know
 of any other
 script or any that can do what you are asking.

 I hope this helps at least a little,

 beatrice.

 [1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-i18n/2012/03/msg00034.html
 [2] https://lists.debian.org/debian-l10n-italian/2011/06/msg00024.html