Re: Script help

On Tuesday 21 October 2014, at 20:01 +0100, Joe Dalton wrote:
> Hi, sorry for writing in English on an Italian mailing lists, but my
> Italian is not very good.

Hi!!

don't worry about the language :). I apologize for the late reply but I am
reading the mailing list in the weekend.

> I write as I have heard what the Italian team has some script which aid in the translation effort for the package descriptions.
>
> I would like to hear if I could »borrow« those script. More specific am I looking for a way to find all the package descriptions in Danish which is only missing the short description.

The only scripts that I know of are 2 scripts created by Davide Prina.

The first one was posted on debian-i18n mailing list [1] and can even be
"internationalized".

I don't use it (anymore) regularly. If I recall correctly it
automatically fetches packages that were previously translated and need
to be updated; makes a list of possibly partially translated packages
(based on the packages' names); and lastly makes a list of packages to
translate ordered by number of lines to translate.

I am afraid the last function takes into consideration the total lines
and not only the ones that needs translation. So I don't think it can do
what you are asking.

The second script can fetch the first "X" untranslated descriptions from
the popcon list. It was posted in the Italian maling list [2]. I could
help with the translation if you have problem understanding it.

I work at the DDTSS for Italian every day but I don't know of any other
script or any that can do what you are asking.

I hope this helps at least a little,

beatrice.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-i18n/2012/03/msg00034.html
[2] https://lists.debian.org/debian-l10n-italian/2011/06/msg00024.html