Re: apt 0.7.25: Please update the manpage translation for the package apt

2009/12/12 Sandro Tosi <morph@debian.org>:
> On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 11:39, David Kalnischkies
> <kalnischkies+debian@gmail.com> wrote:
> So you can still ship the not up-to-date manpages but you have to warn
> users of their state.

As far as i read on debian-devel back in the day there is no
consense (until yet) about how this warning should be applied
(where in the manpage, in english, translated, a general stanza
for all or should each maintainer come up with something on it is own ?).

Also, as i tried to describe already in the thread on it@ i have
personally a bad feeling to ship not up-to-date translations
even with a big warning in it as they suggest that some form
of translation is present and worked on - but given that even the
freshest translation we want to temporary drop now has its last
change in 2004 this would be a false impression and the usefulness
of such an old (or older) translation in general is at least questionable:

Warning, the last update to this User Guide translation was back in 2000,
please refer to the original english file for up-to-date informations.

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

David "DonKult" Kalnischkies