Re: apt 0.7.25: Please update the manpage translation for the package apt

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 11:39, David Kalnischkies
<kalnischkies+debian@gmail.com> wrote:
> And as a more technical reason we want to bump policy compatibly
> now to 3.8.3 where translations should be in sync with the original
> files and we can't say this would be true for such an old translation.

Policy says a different thing:

from /usr/share/doc/debian-policy/upgrading-checklist.txt.gz
      * Localized man pages should either be kept up-to-date with the
        original version or warn that they're not up-to-date, either with
        warning text or by showing missing or changed portions in the
        original language.                                        [12.1]

So you can still ship the not up-to-date manpages but you have to warn
users of their state.

Regards,