Re: Debian refcard: call to update translation for Hungarian

Hi Miklos,

Quoting Miklos Quartus <lista@miklos.info>:
> Hi Holger / list,
>
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 08:02:04AM +0200, Holger Wansing wrote:
> > Since the last translator for your language is no longer available, I would
> > like to ask, if someone is willing to take the time to update the translation
> > for Hungarian.
>
> I am willing to work on this depending on the amount that needs to be
> translated and if nobody has ventured on this ambitious task already. Is
> there anyone started working on this?

Sorry for the delay. I read your mail just this evening. Please CC me
on replies, since I'm not subscribed to this list.

> > You can checkout the source code for refcard with
> > svn co svn://svn.debian.org/svn/ddp/manuals/trunk/refcard refcard
>
> I have checked out the SVN repo. The file I found is at the location of
> refcard/po4a/hu.po. Is this the file that needs to be updated with new
> translation? I can see already translated text in it, what needs to be
> done?

There are already 180 translated messages, 7 are fuzzy, and 5 untranslated.
So that's not that much work for your language :-)

Apparently you not familiar with the po file format?
You can use a program like poedit to work on that file.

Or just use your favourite text editor, it's a plain text file.
For every 'msgid' (that the English original) you need to insert your
translation into the 'msgstr'.

> Please kindly let us know what exactly needs to be added / replaced and
> in what files.

You only need to work on one file: the refcard/po4a/hu.po

> > Or feel free to drop me a mail, I can sent you the po file via mail,
> > if you prefer.
>
> I can work with the SVN but I am afraid I do not have upload rights. The
> latest revision in my working copy is:
>
> 11104    11090 holger-guest hu.po
>
> r11090 | holger-guest | 2016-04-03 21:33:55 +0200 (Sun, 03 Apr 2016) | 7
> lines

I have just committed a new revision with some small late change, please
update your svn repo with 'svn up'.

> > Please file a wishlist bug against the refcard package, or sent the
> > file directly to me, when you have the translation ready.
>
> OK. I will need help with the commit or I can just send you the new
> file(s) and you'll commit them.

Don't worry, simply sent the file to me, I will commit it.

many thanks

Feel free to ask, if you have any questions.

Best regards
Holger

Created with Sylpheed 3.5.0 under
	D E B I A N   L I N U X   8 . 0   " J E S S I E " .