Re: Greek accents in KDE

Στις Tuesday 18 October 2005 04:40, ο/η pro103@chinesetearoom.com έγραψε
[edited]:
> I am running Debian 3.1 and I am trying to get Greek accents
> to work in KDE. I have configured languages, keyboard layouts,
> etc. and I can type Greek characters without any problems.

I just upgraded from Kubuntu 5.04 to 5.10 (ie, to KDE 3.4.3) and have the same
problem, whereas accents in gtk apps work fine. Everything worked perfectly
well before the upgrade.

> However, when I try to type in a character with an accent (e.g.
> epsilon with ') in a KDE editor (e.g. KWord) it does not work:
> I type ; on my keyboard (which is a deadkey in the Greek layout
> for the acute accent), nothing appears on the screen (which is
> expected), then I type in the epsilon, but nothing happens.
> If I type ; twice, I get the accent by itself. If I type
> epsilon twice, I get the epsilon character without any accent.

My case is slightly different. When I type ; I instantly get ´ on screen (as
opposed to after typing the next letter).

> The strange thing is, this works fine on all Gnome apps (e.g
> Abiword, Firefox, etc.) even when I'm running them in KDE.

> Simos

-S