Re: How to setup the console to greek ?

Στις 29/Δεκ/2004, ημέρα Τετάρτη και ώρα 23:29, ο/η Michelle Konzack
έγραψε:
> # I am not on the List. Please CC me.
>
> Am 2004-12-30 00:11:35, schrieb Michelle Konzack:
>
> > athina@michelle1:~ > loadkeys gr
> > unknown keysym `cent'
> > /usr/share/keymaps/i386/qwerty/gr.kmap:6: parse error
> > syntax error in map file
> > key bindings not changed
>
> OK, I have changed the
>
>   __( '/usr/share/kezmaps/i386/querty/gr.kmap' )________________________
>  /
> | charset "iso-8859-7"
> | keymaps 0-2,4-6,8-9,12,64-66,68-70,72-73,76
> | include "linux-with-alt-and-altgr"
> | strings as usual
> |
> | #include "euro"
> | altgr keycode 18 = currency
> | #altgr keycode 46 = cent
> <snip>
>  \______________________________________________________________________
>
> and now the Error is gone...

ack.

> Realy cool the right WindowsKeys as latin/greek LockSwitch.
> It seems to work right now.
>
> Bur I hate american Keyboards...
> I have a german/greek one...
>
> So I have a long weekend to make a new keymap.
>
> Or is there on which arreadz exist ?

No, as far as I know. The US/GR keyboard is hard-coded in the gr.kmap
file, unlike with the X configuration (XKB) files where you can say
"us+el" or "de+el" or any other combination.

> Oh if it does not work the next week, my daughter will kill me...

How come you do not use the graphical interface, for example GNOME?

Localisation support is really good and arabic, among other languages
are supported really well (http://www.arabeyes.org/ and
http://l10n-status.gnome.org/gnome-2.8/ar/index.html and
http://l10n-status.gnome.org/gnome-2.8/el/index.html). In addition,
dialog boxes are properly rendered left-to-right and arabic characters
are combined properly.
To write in Greek/Arabic/etc, you simply need to use GKB (an applet) and
choose all the languages you want to write (German, Greek, Arabic,
English).

Good night,
Simos